Saturday, October 22, 2011

lazy day

On Saturdays I usually sleep in but today the phone awoke me at my usual time. thought I would go back to sleep or nap but neither has happened.Guess my body goes on automatic once I am up. However it seems to make a seasonal adjustment in the fall because as it darkens earlier so does my need to retire. Others have mentioned this fact also so maybe it is a genetic thing that goes back to cave days when night was fearful not that it isn't a bit so in some areas yet today.

Listening to James McArthur's discussion of the Lord's Prayer on the radio made me think about that prayer, He holds that while it can be used as a prayer, it is a model of how to pray. It is
interesting to consider it as such. It adds to the importance of the prayer rather than detracts as one thinks it would.Nice to have been challenged to ponder it and it has helped me focus on my faith

Fall brings new beginnings. I have planted mums and plan on a few more soon along the fence. bulbs to plant lie dormant waiting to be buried so they can give color to my life in the spring.Faith once again that they will be reborn and bloom and that I will be here to see them.Faith in HIS love for the world and all of us once again comes into play.

Fence needs to be reworked and looks like it will be done this fall. I am in hopes that it will be done before cold weather comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment