Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sunday

Dana is in London  watching the new Dr. Who  and I am jealous. Funny  with the jobs and such I could not join her and for three days the cost was way too high, still I envy her the ambience of the city, and the respite from the ordinary life. Travel can create a bubble in which you can put daily cares on the home front on hold. Yes they are there when you return but the relaxation gained during the bubble allows you to face them with a new perspective.

This will be an odd week here also. Tuesday is no school for me as I have  the annual mammogram and bone density tests. they have always been good in past so I am fairly sure the results will be the same. Then over the weekend there will a family incoming to help clear some spaces I need help with and to pick up some things( furniture and such) they might want. Busy time but I hope when they leave on Sunday or Monday what is left is manageable to finish before December the 14th.

Selecting  what to keep and what goes is not easy. I do this with each move but this time is harder for some reason. Memories are with each item and they reach out and grab me. Some are stronger and some less so. Still it is not easy. I am doing what must be done but it is hard. Life is what it is and I will survive.

More later--here's to becoming southern

No comments:

Post a Comment