Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Georgia on my mind--becoming southern

So change is a given and any life is full of them. Some are forced on us and others we choose. I am about to make a big change and am doing to by my own choice.
I am moving to Georgia. Seems simple but it will be a big change.

First it will fulfill a bucket list item to live near the Atlantic ocean.I have always loved the grey toned waters of the Atlantic and hoped to live near it. However but it always way north of Georgia like one of the New England. Yet last Christmas I walked on a Georgia beach on Christmas day and made my decision.

But the move entails another major change--lifestyle. I am a product of the midwest and plains states. Born in Ohio and raised in Nebraska I have lived in South Dakota and Kansas the last few years. however i had a brief soon of years in Missouri and a year in Arkansas. So this Yankee is about to move south and become southern. This is ( and I am not joshing you) a major change in language and customs. A challenge but challenges can be invigorating. keep reading as i describe the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment