Saturday, August 25, 2018

   A morning fall off things is ending. I woke up after a storm to a yard full of leaf litter and a few twigs. I was awake when it came last night with  a big boom. Power was out and cox communications had a area wide  break down. Mine was fixed early but the quick storm left its mark. They  are saying it was a microburst,

  Still despite leaf litter some things  were finished. My laundry is folded and put away.  My dishes are loaded and washed. Dog hair is swept up even behind the dog chair. Now  I am writing a blog post.Amazing progress but down sizing awaits.

  The rest of the day should resolve it self. I have to grocery shop,but it can wait until tomorrow. I need to stay in and take care of somethings for the college  and some personal must get done items remain that i should see to today. So I have to miss an event I wanted to go to, and I hope the people involved understand

  My classes at the college fill my evenings as I am teaching three nights a week. Mondays. Wednesdays and Thursdays I drive to Newton for english classes.Yes, i am busy but the classes are interesting. Each year the mix of students is different and offers different challenges to help them learn.  While the drive is not on my list of favorite things to do, the classes keep my mind active and vital. Engagement is  a key to remaining aware of the world as the years build up, these nights keep me engaged.

 This evening my insist pot will be put to use as I make  my meal. From frozen meat to cooked meal in 15 minutes is a miracle. I do not fear the pressure cooker if the rules for use are followed. It has not been used enough because even though it is the smaller six quart model it makes more than I can eat in one meal. leftovers are good even if they are frozen for another time, Cooking for one is always a challenge. Another way to keep the mind active.

So now it is time to get busy with those tasks.



No comments:

Post a Comment