Thursday, January 28, 2016


For some reason, I have not been writing. Lazy? Busy? Blocked?  No real reason that i can point too. I just have not written. But then Sunday my writing began to flow, and one of my works in progress gained not only works but a solid direction. I posted it on my facebook page the story teller. I sort of like it and I hope I am not being kennel blind.

But today was a break through day for me. Perla my ESL student for whom I para asked to read to her in English and then to summarize it. Woozer! She is doing well in class, and now i know she comprehends instructions and material for the most part. Now, we have to make her speak more often but she is getting braver.I  am so proud of her and her work ethic. Tomorrow is final Friday a monthly event in which those students who have no grade below c may spend the last hour of the day in the gym, playing games or just talking with friends. Unfortunately her best pal may not be in that group this time. but we will see.

The  second trimester is coming to an end. The seventh grade is antsy and spring break is not until the end of March. I admire the patience of the teachers at working with wiggling , giggling children. Still as a para I am learning or relearning much of the science and math. They are doing simple chemistry and geometry. Far beyond the subject matter taught during my seventh grade year.

Enough. I will write sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment