Saturday, January 2, 2016

1/2/2016 can I keep this up?

So it is the second day of a new year and I am doing the second blog of 2016. Two in a row and I hope to keep it up. Wish me luck whoever reads these random blogs.

The sun is shining and it is warm. I could venture out  to pick up meds and photos. Yet I have to go out to mass tomorrow and to a meeting at  three so I am trying to decide if I should go out two days in a row or just relax this next to last day of winter break. I really think the relax choice may be my option though I could go to  the Saturday mass at 5PM. Choices!!!

Do you ever get to the point when of two choices they both look  equally good? I rather think everyone has been there once twice in a lifetime. Still it seems this happens more often now as I only have to please myself when it comes to choices. My children are grown,I am single and so what I decide to do affects only me. Life is less complicated  schedule wise but a bit more thoughtful about such choices.

It  does not matter what I decide as it affects only my life. One thing always comes to mind when faced with a choice about going out. My mom ingrained in me the idea that a "lady" only goes to town one or two days a week and one was better. She also believed  a"lady" was only in  the newspaper at her birth, her marriage, and her death. I do not follow these and the newspaper is almost  a lost cause as I have had bylines in three papers. Still I find myself trying to schedule things so except for work I am not out every day. Does anyone else find these childhood induced ideas coming forward at the oddest times?

No comments:

Post a Comment