Saturday, September 27, 2014

Odd thoughts are scampering around the interior of my mind Want an example? Two nights ago I woke up wondering if you died suddenly would you know it was death? Think about it one minute you are breathing and the next you are not. So is there a nano second you realize what is happening? if you are ill for weeks or longer you know death is coming; maybe the exact moment but as the onset is taking longer might it actually be more of a "life" event? Will you hover over the remains thinking that was me; now what. Morbid morning thoughts that occupied my thoughts for awhile.

Second oddment of day is why do I hate grocery shopping? Is it the money spent? NO! I think it is the actual act of going to the store and pushing the cart. I actually try to avoid it , and whenI do go, no Walmart huge store trek for me. I even avoid the larger Dillons( spelled Krogers) in my home town by shopping at its smaller store. In order to cut down on trips during school months when free (writing) time is rare and snatched, I order 12 meals a month from two local ladies ,The Sunflower Supper club. Two times a month they deliver six frozen meals to which I can add a salad or not. Today I went to bountiful baskets for the first times. I got carrots, lettuce, carrots, tomatoes, honey dew. granny smith apples, peaches, plums. lemons, pomegrantes,and bananas for a minimal fee. 7AM pickup is tough at they close at 7:30. Everything not picked up plus extras goes to a local fire house for free. The quality was good and while you do not have a choice, it means the produce department is a miss. It is a twice a month event.

Third thought is why do things happen. One of my dearest pals has been diagnosed in the early stages of the"A" disease. She is beautiful, intelligent, and ten years younger than I am. A good mind and a elfin spirit is being slowly erased. Such sadness when I dwell even for a moment on it. Yet, I must admit ( despite my bad typing) I am glad that it is not me. Compassion and guilt for my relief are mingled today as she moves away from her teaching family to be closer to her mother and sisters.

So my mind is swirling with odd unrelated thoughts. I will leave it here and ponder the possibilities

1 comment:

  1. You, my dear, have had what I would consider--one hell of a week! <3
    Kassie

    ReplyDelete