Thursday, September 18, 2014

contained chaos

Picture day at the school always means that for one day students are in flux during class to get id photos done. This means teachers have to teach parts of lessons twice but there are always some students who miss all or a major part of the lesson. Today however the intercom is not working so we send the entire class at one time--all juniors in one hour. Less coming and going but empty classrooms for that hour in some areas. So lesson plans are pushed back, altered and chaotic but normal will return tomorrow.

Chaos has been this week---- not busy but not organized either. Meds were a two trip process because clerk did not look deep enough in the "D" basket. Tuesday was peer edit in the college class and one student said I do not have it done. She was astonished when I said it will be done when you leave class tonight. High school students in night class need to learn college is college and excuses are not taken unless perhaps you have died and resurrected.Forgot an appointment last night while I held Scholars"bowl practice so that has been pushed off until tonight which makes the plans for tonight run later, and the rest of the week does not look much better. Life is interesting.

So I have not touched the memoir since Sunday and that was short on the amount i usually try to write. Herb Lore seems to be in limbo but ideas are percolating through the morass of my mental state. Both will gain pages and words in the next three days.Saturday will be a writing day from noon on the morning is busy. Sunday I lector at mass and am a sponsor for a student at National Honor Society induction( honored that the student asked me to do it)so writing will be hit and miss but it will get done.

Evenings this week have been spent with the Roosevelts. What a fascinating family. I read the book Franklin and Eleanor, and this series on PBS is adding to my knowledge. It is a major time drain but worth it. So this has added to the chaos as that is my writing life and the need for order is building. I will get this done.

No comments:

Post a Comment