Tuesday, July 9, 2013

morning buzz

No it is not a coffee buzz. this is my neighbor to the rear trimming trees for the third day. Believe me, he does not own that many trees,but this is the man who came into my yard without asking to trim my tree. I told him to trim his side of the 8 ft fence or ask me. Had he asked, I would have said yes,gladly but not that way. It was several years ago, and he has not done the invasion again. I remember I was polite( no cussing school marm polite) but firm.

People always surprise me. Most are great but those who think they are right and have the right to impose their action or views on me without discussion or consulting me are like gnats that attack you evening--small( in mind not size necessarily) and pesky. They need to be dealt with. Honesty, firmness and in extreme cases cessation of contact constitute successful methods of dealing with them. I could tell you stories but I won't.

At the moment the new fiction piece I am working on has me stymied. I know where it should go and am ready to go but there is a bump in the flow I need to fix first. The fix is out there just beyond my grasp but until it comes and is dealt with the story itself is at a standstill. hopefully it will float closer and let me grab it sometime today.

In the meantime I am reading the Longmire series and Julie Blackwell's cozy mysteries. I am also knitting,and this is a work in progress--30 rows out of 57 needed done before the next step on a felted messenger bag. I will get it done today or tomorrow so at least one goal can be reached and I can start the flap ( another 57 +rows). Life seems to be aeries of goals and small setbacks on the way to those goals at the moment. Ever have that happen to You?

Still my problems are so little in comparison to those others are burdened with that I can not gripe. I choose to dwell on the positives.I do what I can and let Him handle the rest. What is over is over,and what is to come is often not in our hands. We only need to handle what today brings with acceptance, endeavor, and Fortitude and most importantly faith.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment