Monday, June 3, 2013

So I have not been here. I have a good excuse--knitting and more importantly Cece and her kiddos were here. Family time I can never regret.
Are you reading anything this summer? I have finished two mysteries though one is heavy on the romance thing too. The Book of lost Fragrances blends romance, reincarnation and mystery. A satisfying read whose story carries over to the book entitled Seduction which has gothic overtones. Did anyone read the Victoria Holt's books? Well Seduction is an excellent rival of the genre.I just finished Ear to Heart the biography of Delores Hart who kissed Elvis in a movie, played Claire the sister of Francis Assisi, was in Where the boys Are and Come fly with me. A book that does not read quickly but gives a person's spirituality a kick in the pants. An interesting book was The Yard which is a debut novel. It is full of twists and turns and holds your interest seeing how the strings come together in the end. I rather hope this becomes a series. At the moment Inferno is on my bedside. What is on yours?

Knitting---a heavily cabled sweater by Starmore is on my needles. I jump for joy whenever a row comes out without and frogging back to fix an error. This is always on the right side row of course. But what is done looks good. I am also working on a purse and a baby sweater . They both should be done before school starts. I am knitting Christmas gifts this year. but the aran is mine and baby bit is for a co teacher.

This week I am going to a yarn spinnery in Phillipsburg, Ks with a group of like minded people. It is a Knitting Savant and if you knit you should catch her blog by the same name. My stash will grow without a doubt. June also holds a trip to Becky's place to see Paige as Aslan. Sara will drive an I will knit on the way.I have socks started.

That is all there is for now. I plan on doing this more often.












No comments:

Post a Comment