Wednesday, April 24, 2013

So it is time to jump out of the slough of despair and back into life. Life Bunyan's pilgrim I must make progress. The example set by the people of Boston and of America's population as a whole does not allow one to go down spiritually. We will pick up the pieces,support one another and move on.

Except it might not be that easy. America has always felt safe and protected from invasions and riots and mass anything. But since 9/11 we have learned differently. It has not been an easy lesson and some are bitter. Bitterness is an easy emotion as it fills a void without any reasons behind it. Going forward is tougher as we have to put fear, blame,and distrust to the bottom of our priorities and climb back up to hope and forgiveness. I am on my way. Are you?

But enough said.My last blog dealt with this stuff and the helpers than help us. A happier topic is watching the school year end. I love my profession but am glad for the respite. It is another time to rebuild and recharge the inner batteries. The students also need this change. At the moment they are so ready to leave it is hard for them to settle down and focus on the final assignments of the day. Do you remember how you were when it was near the end of your school years.?

French 1 and French 2 have video assignments due for tomorrow ( 1/2 their final grade).
One is in and the others well one is still finished and the rest are editing. Several of the students are upset that I am sticking with the due date but it is the end of the year. At college last night a student challenged me when I said her paraphrase used too many of the original words in the original order. Despite these things the results of the majority are good and and the students are great. they make life interesting and keep my eyes open and my mind also.

So from today on it is rebuild time. May and August are pretty much non working months and June/July schedule is not yet decided. time for a house clean ( volunteers) and of course writing and knitting. I Intend to add waling the tunnel and the machines in the cardiac unit. But the spiritual rebuilding will take time and perhaps more effort. Recently I have begun to lector again at Our Lady. It s an activity that causes me to focus once again the messages of faith and this in turn gives me strength.What strengthens you?











No comments:

Post a Comment