Monday, June 18, 2012

The breeze is cool but heat will develop as it is June in Kansas. The pups are snoring. I am some what planing my attack on a list to do that is bigger than I like it to be. Summer's lazy pace allows me to get behind. I am one of those that likes a routine and summer lacks it. So beginning today I hope to semi-impose one. Have to work in some exercise and other things.

Today I have to check on some things, get meds, grade papers,write letters etc.I hope to get it all done. On top of that i am going to start checking blood sugars three times a day before meals.My goal to keep it between 70 and 140 before meals.Also this should help me keep losing weight.However I am also determined to not beat myself up if the goals are not met when I test or weigh. Human that I am lapses will happen.

Sometimes I see students set unrealistic goals. To be a pro- athlete when they were a second stringer in school or even a non-participant for example , not realistic in the least. Others plan great careers but lack the follow through or work ethic to make it though the brains are there. Goals are a great incentive but they need to be realistic and possible. Failure hurts but it devastating when they were beyond reach to begin with. Parents and teachers need to guide students to realistic goals and teach them how to set them later in life.

My goals are to lose 10 pounds then set another goal; not i want to lose 50 in five weeks.I want to keep on grading not I want it all done NOW! I will do some exercise. tai chi is my choice. I do not plan to be Chuck Norris or Christie Brinkely every day but I intend to increase my amount of movement. Think those are possible?

Wish me luck readers and now it is time to get on with today's chores.



1 comment:

  1. I'm sure you will do anything that you put your mind to; including the exercise. Have fun and stick with it. :)

    ReplyDelete