Monday, March 5, 2012

Wow it has been awhile. Here I sit on a Monday before students arrive enjoying the quiet. Day is planned. All is calm for the next five minutes. Overslept today which is a rare happening at chez devries. I am usually awake before the alarm but had turned it off for some reason so did not wake until doggy complaints penetrated the numbness of sleep.

Have not had consistent lighting in most of the house since last Tuesday' thunderstorm. I really think my fuse box got hit and there is a short some where. changed fuses wed had light until 10 but none in the am. Changed fuse Thursday lasted less than an hour and since then they just pop. Yes. I did call an electrician and he came while I was out without calling me he was on his way. Just came and left his card. going to try him again today. My 2-4 at home M-Th is interesting to find such help but... if they want the business, they will make it work. Fridays I am home from 1:30 on. I did call and explain why I was gone Thursday on Thursday, but have heard nothing. He is recommended by someone I trust so One more try.

Car will not be done until Friday so I am driving a Malibu.I really do not like the car but it is an insurance paid rentsl so I will do it.

Read Cinnamon Roll Murder by Fluke this weekend. It is a cozy series of mysteries but I am beginning to think I read them more the recipes than the story which in reality is better than average. I have begun Wolf Gift by Anne Rice. Interesting so far and one page leads to another so easily that I read 6 chapters last night. HMMMMM? Could that be the reason I slept until 5:45? Fluke by the by will be at Watermark books the 16th of the month and I plan on going.

Not much else at the moment. Oh yes in two weeks it is spring break and how I and the students need that is not to be underestimated. and to paraphrase Pepys so to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment