Saturday, July 21, 2012

Have been in a slump lately---could be the summer classes. The English 100 is such a mixed group. achievers are there in abundance, but dropped out in the third week. Three high school class members come to class and do nothing. One has turned in one paper and incomplete research paper; the others nil for out of class papers. Oh wait one did turn in three late papers which in the no grade zone the day the research papers are due. One has no text and can not do online as she has no net and will not come to attendance center or the library to type a paragraph. In class assignments are rushed, poorly done and incomplete. They say the class will allow them to graduate early. Surely they have to pass it.

Spanish 1 is a delight. Eight women one of whom is 82 and semi deaf laugh and learn.No failure except for number 9 who dropped out. Tuesday and Thursday are great

The thing that gets me is the waste of money. Those who dropped did not withdraw so it is an automatic "f" . Also they stopped coming after the money back date. Several hundred dumped for nothing. Amazes me is a mild description though it happens every semester.

The heat is also getting to me.I am a definite cold weather person. 30-70 degrees is my comfort zone. South Dakota fit me better that way, but Kansas has been good to me.

Enough of the downers, life is good. I have much to be thankful for and I am always aware of that. He is good and He is the one who leads me. I may make decisions but i Know they are part of His plan for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment